New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone reupholstered their visors yet?

i got my headliner out and the visors off -

but im stuck with the visors - look at the pics and let me know how do i take these things off?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts

I'd talk to Crispy about that. She's the Interior Mod Goddess. :banana:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

yeah i talked to crispy already - she didnt upholster her visors - she sprayed the visors and upholstered the ceiling

G

·

i had them apart if you having trouble with that.
once you get them off, its pretty self explanatory, i worked a screw driver into the crease, starting from the area that had the bar through it, it basicly opens up like a book.

edit:
to get the visors off, you have to take a dull screw driver shaped object and gently pry the covers off going around the oval, (oval shaped peice that the visor swivels on)( the peices are pretty tough, but could break, i was more worried with bending them,) just becareful not to damage your headliner, once you have the oval cover off, you will see 2 phillips screws, remove those are your peachy.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

but my visors look to have the fabric sowen together - where they dont just open like a book.....

but i do have mirrors - do i just take them off and hide the fabric seams when i put the mirror back on?

·
Registered
5,519 Posts

i just got rid of my mirrors and recovered them in headlither material being sewn at a local upolstry shop... hopefully they will have it done wiht silver thread tomorrow so they match my silver and black interior...

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
what do you mean what to do about those? if you take the visor apart and remove the odl fabric those should fall out.. you can dye/paint them to match your new headlignr and then put them back in when the new fabric gets put on there....can tak pics of mine on monday when i get them back from the sewing shop... they had to take a few more days seeing if they could do them with silver thread like i want

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NO NO NO

i have fabric -- i want to reuphoster my visors - yes i understand that i would just wrap the new fabric over the old - but some will be sticking out in the parts i posted a picture of - i want to take these 2 ends off to i can put the ends of the fabric under the plastic pieces - so when the plastic peices go back on - it will look like the fabric belongs there!

im not painting or spraying them - thats why i bought more fabric

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: Jorgen
what do you mean what to do about those? if you take the visor apart and remove the odl fabric those should fall out..
That's your answer. ;) Then you put your new fabric over the gutted visor. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts