New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please help! I Had trouble getting the wheel well covers off. Now it's getting a little warmer, going to try again!

Where exactly is the spot to unhook the front bumper?

Need to take it off to install a cold air intake...

Pics would be very very helpful. But if you can make a good description also that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

That picture has a ford contour in it, but it's the same thing. Apparently.

That is the picture given to me by Nautalis Performance..

He said I have to take off the bumper, and cut this one piece, and make the stock intake hole bigger, apparently the stock airbox intrudes into the bumper well area.

So that's where the CIA goes. At least the one I have. I didn't want to go with short ram. If I did, it wouldn't just replaced the airbox right there.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You can GET to the area, but how do you propose he gets a sawsall in there to cut off the piece of sheet metal needed to install the NPG CAI without removing or damaging the bumper? Seems a little tight to try doing with the bumper on.

Yes you can install OTHER CAI without doing so much work, but that one is a PITA.

·
Registered
796 Posts
huh... funny, because my filter sits in the exact same place and didn't cut anything off or removing the bumper (besides drilling the hole for the 3" pipe under the battery tray).
I'm guessing from the hole comment you are using the GMK CAI correct?

The NPG unit is one piece that curves differently. It exits through the stock opening, but it must be "expanded", then curves forward & down. Yours is probably sitting right below that metal piece because it pops out under the battery tray right near that spot, but the NPG one runs into it because of how it was designed.

I ended up not using mine, when the engine was put in Dom said there was a clearance issue with the fuse box. I thought I could just cut a section of the pipe & weld it up to fit, but the routing is a PITA. This summer I'm going to make my own, just need to mock up the curve & order the pipe, yay for having a tube bender :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.