New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get to that 3rd brake light on trunk. I cant get the damn carpet up.........Help !

·
2,068 Posts
Going on memory here - Take the screw out of the pull handle. Then carefully undo the little clips that hold the carpet in. I haven't found a great way to do this without breaking part of the clip. You need to pull the center of the clip out. If you saw my hatch, I only have half of the clips left, the others I broke. Once you get some of them out, the carpet will fall away and then the brake light is easy. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Upper is right.. I havent broke any clips yet (knock on wood) and I have done it like 3 or 4 times so far.. The 3rd light isnt too bad, you have 2 clips on the top of the assembly and one on the bottom.. My hands barely hit in there.. but im a big guy

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
chris, i tried what you said and failed.... maybe i can't see the clips you are talking about... we gotta hook up so you can show me how you do this

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Will do.. Unless the 99 is different from the 01..

I also forgot to mention to unscrew the little handle strap.. that holds the carpet up there as well..

Edit: The 3rd light is a ***** to get out.. took me a few to figure it out but I finally got it... you have to push in tabs on the assembly.. If I had a digi cam I would do a how-to but alas I dont

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
hey you wanna hook up tonite?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts