New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Euro Taillights & Wiring harnesses, but I still have a question. The harnesses for the Euro lights have 6 wires, but the wiring harness in my 2002 that it will plug into has only 5 wires. Before I start taking the car apart, can anyone tell me if this will work, or if I have to modify the harness in the car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
if your euro tail already have the harness, then just unplug your stock tails and plug in the euro ones.... it will work just fine... if you want to make sure everything is ok before you mount them, unplug your stock plug and put in the euro plug and then put on your turn signal.. if your blinker responds normally you're good to go.. If you have a 99-00 coug, your bulb out warning light may come one, but not always right away. This is normal so don't think there is anything wrong with the lght... The stock have the extra bulb so it's probably noticing there is no connection... the 01-02 don't have that warning light so you never see it..

hope that helps....

put mine in in 10 minutes. np at all

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I was just concerned that something may not work correctly without the extra wire.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Originally posted by: planet42
I have the Euro Taillights & Wiring harnesses, but I still have a question. The harnesses for the Euro lights have 6 wires, but the wiring harness in my 2002 that it will plug into has only 5 wires. Before I start taking the car apart, can anyone tell me if this will work, or if I have to modify the harness in the car.
This is because the Euro Taillights have an extra bulb in there. Which is the new amber blinker bulb. The U.S. Tail lights do not have this as you can tell so they would have one less wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.