New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
this is kinda funny cuz i just did it yesterday. the trick i used is first i would lift the wiper up and have it off the window(like pivoted) then i would put it back down , and i would try that a few times. that worked on my driver's side one. as for the passenger side i tried this and it didnt work. so what i did was took a screwdriver and a hammer and put the screwdriver head on where the washer would be, and i gave it a few lite taps, i hit it at 4 seperate points and then i wiggled it a lil bit and wallla your should have your wiper. and if you are wondering if hitting it did any damage. not realy out of the 4 times i hit it i got one lil line and after i painted them it went away , plus they have that lil cap to hide that . i hope this helped

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, I did it the other day too... You just have to pull streight up and keep yanking on it. Dont be afraid 2 break it because it wont break... It will com off....

Good luck

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help ill try it out asap. Another problem im a 1st timer in painting but i sort of have the idea but what type of paint should I use and tools??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I did was sand, paint, repeat, clear cloat. It was something like 6 or 7 months before I noticed even the smallest chip in the paint. As for as paint type, any Duplicor spray paint will be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts