New Cougar Forum banner

How Dark is your Tint?

3K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  outlaw 
G
#1 ·
I'm getting my windows tinted monday on my Rio Red 2000 Cougar I just bought last week and I am either getting the windows tinted 5%back 40% front or 20%back 40%front. Need some advice here on what you guys think will look better. I really want the tint to be pretty dark in the back but i'm not sure if the 20% will do it. please post advice and pics if you would.

Thanks

G
#2 ·
I don't have any pics but, My back window is 5%. I had ordered 35% and the tint guys screwed up. I didn't feel like waiting another couple of days to get it fixed, so I kept it. I got used to it pretty quickly but, it is really dark at night and makes it harder to identify cars following me. After almost three years I have gotten used to using my side mirrors a for backing up and the such.
It does look really cool and mysterious on my Melina Blue Cat though.

G
#4 ·
I don't remember the % but everyone calls it limo tint-I think it's 5% on the back. The front is the lightest shade possile maybe 40%? It looks pretty cool. It blends in pretty good but also doesn't attract swine.....I mean police officers which uphold the law and protect us from viscious criminals with tinted windows and no front license plate like myself.

#5 ·
How hard is it to see out of 5%?

G
#9 ·
i have 5% in my back windows and i got 13% on my front and back ones it looks extremely nice everyone loves it and it just takes time gettgin useto it at night but during the day you only see a shadow in the car from outside and at night no one sees me. but gotta watch out for cops the ones that are hardasses will pull you over jsut keep ur window cracked at night and you got no worries i would do that i wil have pics of mine up here soon to check it out. also get a vinyl strip across the front they are really nice.

#14 ·
Just check to see what's legal in your area or you could get harrassed by the PoPo...

I have 5% on the rear three windows and nothing on the sides and I think it looks fine. Rear visibility is fine in the day and a little dark at night but you do get used to it, honestly. That's what my cars will continue to get tinted at from now on, I love it!

Pics can be found by click on the NECO NorthWest link in my signature below, then click on Members and I'm the first one listed (hehehe, priveledge of being the webmaster
)

Cheers,
Scott.

G
#16 ·
Hmmm...having just the back three tinted doesn't seem to look that strange. In IL, it's illegal to have any tint on the front three windows, but we can put as much as we want on the back three. I was thinking about tinting the front three anyway, but not a whole lot...something like 50% front / 10% rear. Think I would get busted for that?

#19 ·
35% all around and its not dark enough

#21 ·
Dantzig--
I live in IL and I have 20% all around mirror tint. You can do it, just don't go too dark.......
I paid $150 for my tint, got it about 2 weeks ago. It's gonna be more expensive if u get it done in the summer than if u got it in the winter.

#22 ·
$125 that included the sunstrip. I have Johnsons High performance tint with a one piece rear and a life time warenty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.