New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,934 Posts
It bolts right up, but you need to fabricate a new tube to connect the EGR valve to the rear bank exhaust manifold. You'll also need a 3L or SVT 2.5L throttle body, as the stock may not seal on it - not positive, but it's a good idea anyway. The vacuum lines on top of the 2.5 upper have to be cut and relocated to the open ports on the bottom of the 3.0 UIM. The IACV may hit the hood, so you will need to die-grind the flange, get a hood scoop, or relocate the unit entirely. The IACV in that photo is in the stock 3.0 spot, so it is either grinded down or the car has an aftermarket hood.

Performance is questionable. Some who have done it have said that it gives every bit as good a kick as the SVT upper. Others say the lack of short runners, and the fact that there are only 6 instead of 12, hurts your powerband.

At any rate, it beats stock upper flow. The question is, how resourceful (or broke) are you?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have a couple items...

1. Remember, he is in SPAIN - as in EUROPE - across the ocean...I can't imagine how much shipping would be to Spain for an intake set-up. It won't be cheap. If he could find a Taurus intake OVER THERE, it might be more cost effective, for him.

2. I would be very interested for expanded information on the power producing capabilities as compared to the SVT intake. Andy makes some statements and I am wondering if we can get more definitive information. With shorter runners, does that imply that performance is lacking on the high end? Would low and mid-range benefit? Maybe Dan can chime in? Great info on what is needed for the conversion, though, Andy.

--george

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,934 Posts
I had one at one point, and was planning on installing it. But before I got the time and resources, I got a good deal on an SVT manifold, so I unloaded it. So I did a little research for a while. It has been discussed on the boards here a few times in the past, and a few people have installed them - Mindtrip actually posted a pretty extensive how-to at one point.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I´m from Spain, and that is a problem for all that I need to do with my Cougar. But, for obtain that pieces mooore difficult and expensive. In Spain there are small amount of "Mondeo ST200" (Contour SVT) and if you can find any, You need to purchase the complete engine.
I don´t know what to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.