New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to do???? Coming out of 4th at about 110 I shift to 5th and instantly I hit the speed limiter or something..:mad:....i'm really getting tired of racing my friends an them flying by me doing 130 when i can only do 112.....so n e info. would be helpfull..Thanks.........Kurt

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Get a chip(superchip, diablochip, etc). Thatll remove your top speed governer, along with a bunch of other things. Be careful though man.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i've got a 99 mtx and i've been up to about 134 mph. only performance mod i have is an AEM intake

G

·
Stay legal and go to a drag strip with your friends. You dont have to worry about trapping any speed close to 112 lol

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Originally posted by: Tygerr
Get an ATX sport package.
mtx with sport package works as well.

on a semi-related note....
you and your friends going around that speed had better not be on any public roads near me..... near anyone for that matter. just let darwin take its course.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Originally posted by: jojolmnop
Originally posted by: Tygerr
Get an ATX sport package.
mtx with sport package works as well.

on a semi-related note....
you and your friends going around that speed had better not be on any public roads near me..... near anyone for that matter. just let darwin take its course.
nice i love that quote :evil:

·
Registered
487 Posts
instead of weighing your car down with subs and a system why dont you buy some performance parts that'll help get you there...and as nemesis stay, take it to a track

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.