New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group Buy

I make no guarantees... i just know a lot of Neco doesnt check out the ceg often enough.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Everyone buy these!!!! Cams are good heh.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
It has been said that these cams are basically for race cars. The powerband will be thrown into the high RPM and not give you the proper low end power you need for every day driving. I dont personally have them, but thats what i have read about these.

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
It has been said that these cams are basically for race cars. The powerband will be thrown into the high RPM and not give you the proper low end power you need for every day driving. I dont personally have them, but thats what i have read about these.
That's my biggest fear. Is that if you were to use these cams, your car wouldn't make any power until 4500 rpms or something rediculously high. It'd take off like a bat out of hell once it got into the powerband, but still. It looks like a great deal, but I'd like to see some dyno numbers before I slap down the money for them.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, the link at the top was to my post in Neco's GB section which then had a couple links to Ceg, but someone thought it best to delete the post.

one of the links BigDaddy covered, the other one with all the discussion on the cams before the group buy thread started is here

I'd just want the first or second stage cam. shouldnt hurt idle and would open up the heads enough to provide a bunch of ponies all around... but agreed theyre mostly top end. Easy 250+whp with minor bolt ons.

[dreaming] Id love to be able to see the look on my friends face as I passed his worked WRX. [/dreaming]

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
thanks, neil. i was thinking that hot cams only really help folks with forced induction.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
there are 5 Stages of cat cams avaiable for the duratec.

stages 1-3 are for mild street use and a basic bolt on turbo/sc

you would be looking at improved mid and highend power with milimal loss of low end.

stage 4 is for high power turbos

stage 5 is for race n/a making about 35% more power at near redline and above. (think 3.0svt/hyrbid w210+ fwhp getting another 35% in HP Just from CAMs alone. screw low end, because hell traction is already such a problem)

High performance cams is what its all about my friends. You cant possibly expect to make any decent power using stock cams, you can forget it. Whats one of the reasons Honda's can make 190 hp from a 1.8 n/a?....CAMS and high compression. Hondas dont come alive until 6k but thats where your RPMs will be when your racing. so yeah, I am very much looking forward to our 2.5 and 3.0 V6s really putting down some good numbers with the TQ to actually back it up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts