New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was bored and just thought, since its best 2 have cold air flow into the engine, could sum1 put hot ice in there intake with some type of screen so it lets the very cold air go in!?!?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that really dry ice, its so cold that if u touch it it will burn ya, it lets off that fog type stuff. Its realy cold

·
Registered
287 Posts
yeah, i dunno what hot ice is either...but if you meant dry ice...then that probably wouldn't work so well, since dry ice is compressed CO2, carbon dioxide, which doesn't burn(its used in fire extinguishers), so any positive effect you could get from cooler air would likely be offset by the CO2 entering the engine.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
There's only one type of dry ice isn't there? Last i heard any dry ice will burn you. Here's what will boggle your mind... it isn't even ice...

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Dry ice is frozen CO2, unfortunately Dry ice's specific gravity is such that it goes from solid to gas, when exposed
to normal atmospheric conditions, under a specific amount of pressure it is a liquid(thus liquid CO2 tanks/containers)
It would have a cooling effect on the air around it, but you wouldn't want it in the intake. Like I said on AIM some
racers use ICE(maybe even dry ice?) to cool their intercoolers prior to running.

·
0 Posts
You probably know the new EVOs have an intercooler sprayer that sparys water on the intercooler. He wanted to try dry ice in the water resevoir and add water making the water really cold then have someone hold down the manaul button to continual spary water while he drags. Seems like a bad idea now.

·
Registered
397 Posts
hay guys i know its out of the subject but i know that in some race cars they coil up some fuel line and put in a can with dry ice to keep the gas as cold as possible, and i have seen some people put it on top of their intakes to keep them cold before they race!!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
go to cryofusion.com and buy the interfreezer kit basicly the same asa your idea cept it actually works

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea some ricers..I mean racers, buy those cans of keyboard cleaner, compressed air or whatever it is, and spray it in and all around their intakes before they race. heh

Mike

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
yea some ricers..I mean racers, buy those cans of keyboard cleaner, compressed air or whatever it is, and spray it in and all around their intakes before they race. heh

Mike

I think they are trying to adapt my idea of turning the can upside down and purging out the window :( I wish I coulda got that patented. Midgets also help for conealing purge valve areas too.... no offense to any short folk out there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts