New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help me with some questions regarding the hose techniques kit. I am having trouble seeing how some of the hoses go on. If someone has the instructions, is it possible to scan them for me? Thank you.

******Edited to rephrase******

·
Registered
408 Posts
When I got my hose tech kit i was a little confused at first too.
I don't really remember any real instructions coming with mine.
I just used the slitter tool to slice most of the hoses and then i put them over the stock ones.
I think i ended up only replacing a couple of the hoses with the Hose tech pieces since it was easier to slice them. I know one other guy actually swapped out the hoses to his wiper fluid nozzles.
Look at the pics on my website if you wanna see how mine turned out.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Cougar SC: your car looks great! The 17" ZN wheels rocks. Is the center section stock? I was thinking there was a cougar head there.

Does the 'tie raps' were coming with the hose techniques kit?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks Sprocket,
The only differences between my 17 inch ZN wheels and the ones on the ZN is that I don't have the black paint on the inner sides of the wheel and the Cougar head in the Stock center cap isn't painted black either. I'm looking into do doing something with the center caps but haven't decided what yet.
When you buy the hose techniques kit made specifically for the Cougars you should be gettting the matching Tie wraps with it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
cougarsc, I think I got the same kit as you, so I was wondering if you could tell me which hoses you replaces and which you just slit and put over the old ones?

·
Registered
267 Posts
looks great! but now tell me, are all those hoses replacements, slip over, or a mix? Let me know because I'm about to go to hobble outside (broke my toe the other day :( ) and put mine on.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
It's a mix of replacing hoses and sleeving over others. Here's an excerpt from a PM I sent another member on a partial how-to for installation of the upper radiator hose return lines.

"The only parts you will need to install the Hose Techniques kit is a "splice" and two small hose clamps. You'll need them to install the upper radiator return line, since the stock return line is fused to the upper radiator hose. What you'll need to do is cut the stock line off the radiator hose and then install the splice into the remainder of the upper radiator return line just before it "Y"s off into the upper radiator hose. Then put on one of the hose clamps. Then install the new silcone hose provided in the Hose Techniques kit onto the other side of the splice and install the second hose clamp there. If you take a good look in your engine bay, you'll be able to see what I'm talking about. It's the line just in front of the engine cover. You can buy these pieces at any home improvement store (I bought mine at Home Depot.) I went with a brass splice, but they are made in plastic as well. "

Also I'll include an underhood pic of my car with the complete kit installed. Maybe that will help. Let me know if you need more information.
Charles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts