1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
he he he silly noob the search is for you

·
Registered
553 Posts
yeah I think in general with all good standings, at the wheels the ATX does about 140, and the manual 145-150.

·
8,643 Posts
Originally posted by: InnovaZero
yeah I think in general with all good standings, at the wheels the ATX does about 140, and the manual 145-150.
MTX is more like 121 HP completely stock. (I dyno'd mine on a Mustang dyno.) That might be a touch lower than it should be, but not by much. Automatic completely stock...well, I saw one ATX with short ram intake, ST200 UIM, etc., run about 109 HP.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Originally posted by: skater
MTX is more like 121 HP completely stock. (I dyno'd mine on a Mustang dyno.) That might be a touch lower than it should be, but not by much. Automatic completely stock...well, I saw one ATX with short ram intake, ST200 UIM, etc., run about 109 HP.
Skater that Mustang Dyno is off. For an MTX it's more like high 130's to low 140's in HP. ATX's would make somewhere in the 120 ball park range.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Mustang Dyno's, though being accurate run after run for tuning purposes, do read lower than dynojets.

·
8,643 Posts
Originally posted by: Rikenbomb
Originally posted by: skater
Skater that Mustang Dyno is off. For an MTX it's more like high 130's to low 140's in HP. ATX's would make somewhere in the 120 ball park range.
Hence the reason I specified it was a Mustang. :rolleyes:

The numbers aren't "off" - they're just not directly comparable to Dynojet results. That doesn't make them wrong, just different.

Everyone has to have the largest number they can find. Statistics at their worst. :banghead: I've written about this in my journal.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
I pulled 139.5/139 on a Mustang dyno in my nearly stock ATX. :shrug: But it's a bit of a freak apparently.

In any case, the stock 2.5L Duratec in the Cougar is 170hp/165tq at the flywheel regardless of transaxle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.