New Cougar Forum banner

HORRIBLE service by ford!!!!!!

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  mprtklr 
#1 ·
Ok I am FUMMMMMMMMMING mad at my local ford dealership (fair isle ford in charlottetown prince edward island)

I just dropped off my car for it's final look at before my warranty expires and (to start with it took them 45 mins to make up the order forms ughhhhhh) and ontop of all that i can NOT believe what one of there employees said to me!!! (he also calls me howard and my name is greg and i tell him that EVERY time i'm there and he can't get it right)

ok here is basically how the incident happened:

Greg - "Hi just before my warranty is over I was wanting you to look at my power windows because they are having a REALLY hard time going up they seem to die and get stuck sometimes, in the past you have greased the windows but it hasn't resolved the problem. Could you please take a detailed look at it and if neccisary replace the motor since i don't want to have to pay for this after my warranty is up"

Service "moron" guy- " well there isn't anything we can do to fix this problem"

Greg- "excuse me?, what exactly do you mean"

Service guy- "sometimes things just don't work"

me- "i'm sorry that isn't an excuse, i have cougar friends i just finished visting in florida and there windows work perfectly fine and it is the same car so i would like mine to work the same way please (all being polite)"

Service guy - "sorry sometimes things just can't be fixed and the world isn't a perfect place"

basically after he said that i threatened him saying to fix it and if it isn't i'll be talking to his superiors'

what a prick!!! you do NOT treat/talk to customers like that!

See less See more
G
#2 ·
That guy must be a complete idiot!!!! "Yeah, sometimes tires cause SUV's to flip over on the highway at high speeds, what are you gonna do.........**** happens" Someone better tell that f**khead service guy that things don't work that way. I hate when people do that kind of crap!! I've had similar things happen to me, that's why it pisses me off so much reading about stuff like this. Get his manager to tear him a new a**hole!!

#3 ·
yah and i would call fords c/s line to complain but they don't give 2 sh*ts about customers!!!!!

one thing i hate about ford is there service! they are nice till you buy the car then don't care about you at all! And Ford I hope you read this because that is my main reason i'll never buy another ford again!!!! Your service SUCKS!! i'm going somewheres where i feel appriecated like GM or Honda (here they treat customers like a real person)

#5 ·
Hey Greg,
Sounds like a really bad experiance but just how you know, I have friends that have GM's and Honda's that have had the same kind of service problems. Yet, I have never had a service problem at my LM dealership. I told them my CD player was skipping and the put in a 2000 model stereo the with in a couple of hours. Every company has bad people working for them from Ford to Mcdonald's. The best rout would be to reseach the dealership as well as the car before you buy one. Sometimes, that just doesn't happen because of time, location, etc. Get a hold of his boss and not on the phone. Talk to him in person.
Good luck,
Rob

#6 ·
I agree with Rob, a lot of times it's the dealership. My dealership seems to be great to me (West-Herr Ford of Amherst). They took care of both my recalls relatively fast and when I told them about my problem with the vinyl strip on the rear window coming off they ordered a new one to replace the current one. I have had one dealer completely ignore me when I was looking to buy the Cougar. I guess they don't believe someone as young could get a car. I sat in the show room staring at the Cougar for about 10 min. and no one said a thing to me.

#7 ·
well i do like the cougar and mustangs so if i may get a ford again BUT i will NOT buy anything ever again from this dealership!!! too bad ford can't give them some kind of "talking to"

G
#8 ·
its not Ford - Its not the entire service department, its mostly the people, Ford doesnt tell their dealers to have bad attitudes, ford doesnt tell techs to be lazy and slow on repairs or do the repairs half assed, its the people that work there.... I have found that dealers not near a large city, like them back woods dealers are sometimes the best, they tend to have older techs, managers etc. who have been there awhile and know whats going on, these big city dealerships have these 18-20 yo punks(dont take it the wrong way if you are in this age groupr) who dont give a rats ass whats going on and do ****ty jobs... not all but at least 50% are like this. so dont blame the Company, blame the managers and techs at these dealers...

Funny joke i made the other day to my friend who owns a ZX2 with broken tranny that has been waiting a week for some Washer or something for the tranny, he said ford service sucks and he wants to get a GM or import because their dealers are better etc.... i said "well GM and imports are much better at customer service than Ford because GM and imports are used to having their cars in the shop all the time and ford isnt"... hehehehhehe i thought it was funny...

G
#9 ·
Mike's GM dealership is awesome, super service. Of course they were a little chargrinned when they didn't fix the problem the first time, but the second time the car was in they gave us a GMC Sierra 1500 quad-cab for a loaner.

G
#11 ·
Hey Zman you had problems with the vinyl strip on the rear window coming off. I have the same problem with my vinyl strip. The dealership replaced it 2 times and it is still coming off. So I took it to a different dealership and I told them my problem and he said he would call up a guy at a glass place to install it, something about you just can't glue it on the window, they actually have to take off the window, then put it on. Have you had problems with the new strip.

G
#12 ·
ya know i think there is some law somewhere that says that if a dealership is aware of a problem or is alerted to a problem before the warranty expires, than they can't disallow service on that item even after the warranty is up.. dont know which one though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.