New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda bummed I couldn't go this year, but atleast I finally got my engine fixed...only to have my transmission seize...so now I have to get a new trans...what happened was when the guy put the new clutch and flywheel in, #1 he didn't torq down the bolts on the flywheel, he only hand tightened them (I drove my car for alteast 50 miles like this without knowing), and #2 after he drained the trans fluid, he put ATF back in (automatic trans fluid) which is really bad for those who don't know the diff. SOOOOO, after the trans is fixed, and I get the correctly programmed chip from Keith, I'll be running golden...then I think I'll call it quits with modding the engine which means I've decided against my super engine idea :):):):):):):)(). This has been a very hard and costly lesson I've learned. I'll just stick with makin it look 'pretty' (something I'm not accustomed to).

Hey Kenny, are ya still gonna be able to come up sometime and help me figure out this cluster **** of vacuum hoses? the entire setup has been so ghetto rigged it's not even funny :tongue:.

Anyway, like I said, hope everyone had a blast and hopefully I'll be able to make it NEXT year!!!

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
yeah cougar fest was a blast!

actually ATF+4 is what our tranny needs. or ATF + the ford friction modifier

I am sorry to hear you wont be continuing your engine project. I rode in DanG's turbo 3.0 at fest and I can tell you its a freaking beast.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
actually ATF+4 is what our tranny needs. or ATF + the ford friction modifier
I know this. ATF+4 is what I had to put in after I drained what ever it is in there out...they did not look or even smell the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.