New Cougar Forum banner

Hood quick lift kit

3K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  BrantlyJ 
#1 ·
I installed the quick lift kit this weekend. Im very happy with the product quality, fit and finish. The installation instructions are perfect, and full of color photos. I was surprised with how easily the lifter things lifted the heavy stock hood. It was easier than an intake to install, and didnt take me an hour to finish. Here's a pic.

See less See more
#2 ·
that looks really good:)

#6 ·
yep, been around for a while...

RacerX had them before anyone i think.
He got his out of a Nissan 300zx 2+2 and then attached them to his car hood... he gave me all the details :)

but its a bit more complicated that these... which are already and set to go on the cougar - which makes life easier.

#7 ·
looks good. I'm thinking about ordering one, or maybe asking for it for x-mas...that stupid hood prop is always in my way.

Mike

#12 ·
do you have any problems with rubbing or whatever? i want to get these cause i hate the hood prop

#17 ·
I got it off of Redline tuning. All you need to install it is a drill, 3/16 drill bit, masking tape, and a riveter. I got my craftsman riveter from sears for about 15 bucks.

Originally posted by: atlas
Can these hold up the hood at various heights?
It holds at two different points, one is all the way up; the other is at the balance point between gravity pulling it down, and the gas things pushing it up.

#18 ·
I'd like to see a pic of the hood at this "half-way point". I was looking at James' mini hood props for showing your car's engine bay, but I never liked the idea of not being able to hold the hood fully upright after installing it. But if this quick-lift kit can do both, I'm sold!

#21 ·
woohoo that is part of my christmas present form the girlfriend can't wait.. i'll be out there installing it in the bitter cold... aw hell maybe i will just wait till i get to cinicnnati christmas day and install it in my uncles shop...

#22 ·
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
i would imagine its all in the installation...

if you dont want it to open as far up... adjust where you mount the thing. :shrug:
Good point, never thought of that...

#23 ·
Update!
I was speaking to Brian over at RedlineTuning, and he said group pricing is available for NECO members! I gave him the link, so lets see what we can do.

Darrell.

G
#24 ·
__First, we want to thank all of you for inquiring about Redline Tuning products. We spend a lot of time on our designs and only release what the best product that can be made. We only use the best components available and have them manufactured for us to meet the requirements of the particular product and application. We also price our products where they are not only competitive, but where our advantages really shine. We mount our hood brackets using rivets, and on some vehicles we are able to mount the fender brackets in this way as well. These rivets are made from high tensile strength steel and allow us to mount our brackets exactly where they need to be mounted without the need for access holes or other difficult to install methods. And finally, our installation manuals are made so that anyone can install our kits. Take one moment and download an installation manual for any of our kits from our website http://www.redlinetuning.com and you will find that the detail we put into our kits starts in the design and ends with a happy customer. We are perfectionists and want our customers to know that we are!

__As far as pricing and Group Buy purchases, we can offer NECO members the following. Keep in mind that we have already priced our products not only where they need to be, but very competitively. We are also very aware of the competition and what components they use, installation methods and overall customer service they provide. We set up our company and every product we sell to be competitive and exceed what others offer - if that wasn't our goal, we wouldn't sell the product.

__Prices for 1999-2002 Cougar Hood Quick-Lift kits
Quantity 1-9 $59.95 + shipping
Quantity 10-19 $54.95 + shipping
Quantity 20 and up $49.95 + shipping

__Using these prices as a base, if you think that 20+ members are interested then we will set up a discount URL ($49.95) for members and post it on this Forum. Once the 20+ mark has been reached (or 20 paid), we will ship out the packages. All packages ship out via FedEx and you will receive a tracking number. If you live in Canada, pricing is the same, though the package will not travel via FedEx.

Thanks again for your interest,
Brian
Redline Tuning

G
#26 ·
Orders can always be placed directly from us at our web site and we will ship within 24 hours - for those who do not want to wait. However, discount prices only apply to a organized Group Buy and the price is quantity based.

Thanks again,
Brian
Redline Tuning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.