New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the quick lift kit this weekend. Im very happy with the product quality, fit and finish. The installation instructions are perfect, and full of color photos. I was surprised with how easily the lifter things lifted the heavy stock hood. It was easier than an intake to install, and didnt take me an hour to finish. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
that looks really good:)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yep, been around for a while...

RacerX had them before anyone i think.
He got his out of a Nissan 300zx 2+2 and then attached them to his car hood... he gave me all the details :)

but its a bit more complicated that these... which are already and set to go on the cougar - which makes life easier.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
looks good. I'm thinking about ordering one, or maybe asking for it for x-mas...that stupid hood prop is always in my way.

Mike

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
neato!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Ya I read RacerX's how-to on these and contacted Redline. They already had them for a contour and thought it would be great for a Cougar.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
do you have any problems with rubbing or whatever? i want to get these cause i hate the hood prop

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: CATerina
Ya I read RacerX's how-to on these and contacted Redline. They already had them for a contour and thought it would be great for a Cougar.
yep, and great they are! i'll be getting myself a pair for Christmas :)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Can these hold up the hood at various heights?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got it off of Redline tuning. All you need to install it is a drill, 3/16 drill bit, masking tape, and a riveter. I got my craftsman riveter from sears for about 15 bucks.

Originally posted by: atlas
Can these hold up the hood at various heights?
It holds at two different points, one is all the way up; the other is at the balance point between gravity pulling it down, and the gas things pushing it up.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I'd like to see a pic of the hood at this "half-way point". I was looking at James' mini hood props for showing your car's engine bay, but I never liked the idea of not being able to hold the hood fully upright after installing it. But if this quick-lift kit can do both, I'm sold!

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
i would imagine its all in the installation...

if you dont want it to open as far up... adjust where you mount the thing. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts