New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What hood options are there out for the 99-up cougars Ive seen the hoods they have listed on customcougars.com but are there any other hoods available

S

·
0 Posts
not really...James is really good about having just about all hood types you can get for the Cougar on the site......he just added the invader hood....He even has the oem carbon fiber hoods....said to say that is just about the only hoods for the car...unless u have a shop do something custom for you...then ur going to pay waaaay more depending on what u have done to it.the only other thing is there are several companies that offer and OEM style carbon fiber hood with the different color carbon fibers that are out there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda sucks that there isnt a hood out there that is a little more extreme or original than the ones that are available now

S

·
0 Posts
well you want extreme go with the VIS Invader...its extreme alright....extremely ugly.....imho

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to see something made for the cougar similar to these three

350Z Top Secret Hood

S2000 Top Secret Hood

or the
RX7 Scoot Hood

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are just some of the many good lookin hoods out there some may not be to your taste but its always good to have choices. How do we go about gettin something like those made

·
Registered
902 Posts
Lots of money and influence. Or design something and talk to James. lol

Umm..
No, nevermind.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know about lots of money. I own a cavalier now and Im a member of j-body.org and I have seen a lot of products get pushed through production by having say 10 or so people willing to do a group buy for them. I remember a group buy for a brand new hood and I think in the end it costed them about 500 dollars each. Which isnt bad for a custom hood at all.

·
Registered
540 Posts
a little more extreme:rofl:

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
OMFG

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!

I think my eyes are burning....

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
half of those gyger photoshopped on there. but there were originally 3 scoops. the 2 big ones, and the one in the center i believe. its a european cougar.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
He's talking about the attachment that duratecpower posted

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So what does everyone think about the three pics of the hoods I posted. Which would you like to see made the most

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
AOL TOPSPEED :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts