New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone, after a week of calling and numerous tries to get on the webpage, I have given up on Mirko Racing's Staff. I think they immigrated to Alaska. Anyway, I finally went to a Speed Shop up the street to get some ideas. After some discussion, the shop guy mentioned maybe checking out the Plumbing supplies section at Lowes for the missing pieces. Those being the rubber sleeve to fit over the adapter plate and contain the IAT, and solid PVC piece to mount the cone filter. Well, I guess the sun does shine on a dog's ass because I found exactly what I needed!! Lowes had a 4" tall 3" to 3" rubber coupling sleeve that fit perfectly over the Adapter plate. They also had a 3" PVC Male-type connection coupling that slid perfectly into the rubber sleeve. Everything is an extremely tight fit and looks somewhat professional. I will try to get pics ASAP. My KN filter will be here tommorrow and will share how the install went by tommorrow night!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a pic.. What do ya think... put the IAT in the Rubber Sleeve? KN Filter on the end of the white PVC pipe?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the problem of trying to match up my ProFlo with my Weapon R. There wasn't anything to adapt the 2 pieces. So I went to Home Depot and did the same thing. I bought a dryer vent and a 4 inch to 3 inch rubber coupler and mated everything myself. Now it all works perfectly and it only cost me about $9.00 to do.

Eric N.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup, for my zx2 i made a ghetto intake, mine is rather hidden from view, i 1st cut my stock airbox, put a k&n in there, got a clay to pvc converter [4"-4"], and some 4" 8ft dryer hose (aluminum). i slipped the dryer hose into the converter, then i fit the converter over a portion of the cut airbox, and clamped da ***** down........so now, instead of getting air through a 1.5" hole, its now a 6" hole breathing in some mad ass air from the fender, now i am trying to find a way to do a sort of ram-air from the fender up..........i also replaced the upper resonator witha straight schedule 40 flared pvc pipe, and lower res. removed.........these 3 mods got me close to 2 secs off my time.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.