New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the car's alignment done with the camber plates, Konis, Ground Control, RSTB, and 24mm rear sway bar....

on my bridgestone potenzza re730s....

this car is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!

actually let me take that back.... MORE than incredible.... i'm still playing with the perfect shock stiffness for the given ride height.... right now i'm 3/4 turn on the rears and 1/2 turn on the fronts... bounciness is under serious control now, and the car just feels better footed.... the rear end is much more predictable now also....

running without a front strut tower bar right now, as the FD doesn't fit with the 3L UIM.... but i don't think it would help much more

oh and it has also helped with wheel spin.... i get more traction and less stand-still-action :)

P

·
0 Posts
hey puck puck try 3/4 rear and 1/2 front, it worked out great for me, not that i'm an expert but i get realy good handling and not to much bounce. but it may be different with the Ground Controls. just an idea.

P

·
0 Posts
sorry not really paying attention. good deal, thats about as good as i could get out of it.

S

·
0 Posts
ok so where can u get the 24mm sway bar at??? i have the 21mm is it going to be that much better???

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 24mm one was made in a few limited batches, then due to low sales was discontinued....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Puck, now you need to start playing with spring rates and get the cross weights right percentage wise, then you'll really be impressed. What spring rates do you have anyways? If I remember right when I got my kit it came with 600 lbs 6" fronts, and 400 lbs 8" rears. Throw some 800's in the rear and watch the understeer disappear:rofl: Wow, I didn't mean for that to turn into a poem.

·
Registered
949 Posts
quick question.....now on your 3/4 rear and 1/2 front how are those set up? it 1/2 turn from all the way stiff, from in the middle, or what?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i'll prolly need to get the car on scales first before decing on new spring rates... although they can be had relatively cheap via eibach or other manufacturers.....

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
PuckPuck, i'm assuming you are using the recommended starting point of full counter-clockwise to measure your strut settings??

I've heard that the best way to set the struts for lower understeer is to have the rears set at minimum and adjust the fronts before touching the back.. Then try to keep the rear as soft as possible, so the weight transfer is better on turns.. ??????????

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck
bounciness is under serious control nowq]

more bounce, i want more bounce!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts