New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was around 11:30pm
I noticed in my side mirror a car on the far left lane coming up really fast.
The car looked lowered cus of its FOGLIGHTS I thought it could be some modded car.
I was in the right lane going about 65 then speeding up to 70 then the car catches up to me
I looked over and saw a Camaro but it had some decal on its side: NY STATE TROOPER!

I stayed little less then 70 and it went on its way and hit its brakes and stopped in those U-Turn section, then it shut off its headlights
When I saw the brake lights my heart skipped a beat cus I already got a ticket for doin 70 in a 55 and didnt want another one (I got out of it but a waste of time)

I hate these Camaros why cant all of them be Ford Crown Victorias and be all the same

·
Registered
902 Posts
LOL! I agree.. they should all drive the same cars painted bright orange with a big floating arrow on top of them that says COP....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Heh, I'm just glad as hell we don't have cops cruising around in camaros in RI. They are sleek as hell to look at, but it's still a cop...

BTW: Just a little pet peeve. "camaro"

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I hear ya. Up here in Toronto they've been using Impalas a lot now (Ontario Provincial Police). It's a b!tch because it's a really common car! They used to have Z28 IROC's fully modified as High Speed Pursuit units, but that program was disbanded. Those guys were so low, they'd sit behind the concrete barriers in the middle of the highway (esp. on another one up here), and you could barely see them. Roof-mounted radar would pick you up just over the barrier. Then they'd reel in all the modified mustangs and other IROCs that ruled up here back in the day (early 90s).

Still though... I feel your pain! 70 in a 55!!!! I lived in Oregon, and it was PITA! One N/S hwy, (I5), and it's 55mph for long stretches. In Ontario, we normally do 120-130kph (81mph), and you don't get pulled over for that. In Oregon, I got three tickets back to back as soon as I moved there. How do you guys put up with that stuff??? Every day up here I fly along at 130,140,150 (81-93mph), no problems. Now then, I still have my Oregon plates on, so I'm basically immune to tickets! :biggrin: but still...

G

·
Haha, gotta love having U.S. plates in Canada and vice versa. I blow through Québec with my Connecticut plates without worry, oui oui! :biggrin: I also put a deactivated Québec plate on my car when I park in Boston, Mass. in a Resident Permit Parking Only zone. They think I'm some foreigner who doesn't know any better and they've only ticketed me once, vs. numerous times if I leave my Connecticut plates on. I wonder if Jacques was tracked down in rural Québec somewhere to pay that ticket? :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.