New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I am pulling a couple engines... one from my cougar, one from a 97 contour, and one from a 98 contour.

Where are the stock engine hoist locations on the block to hook the chains up to? I understand I need bolts to attach the chains to, where do these go?

If someone could provide a picture with a couple arrows that would be excellent. Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i used the loop on the one side and the upper mount on the other. i either wrapped the chain around the mount or i sued the huge nuts and studs. either way will work. the slight problem is that it will tilt slightly, but you need to tilt the motor anyway to pull it.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: YOSLVR442
i used the loop on the one side and the upper mount on the other. i either wrapped the chain around the mount or i sued the huge nuts and studs. either way will work. the slight problem is that it will tilt slightly, but you need to tilt the motor anyway to pull it.
++ What he said.

I used the nuts on the passenger side upper motor mount to hold the chain down, and I hooked the other end through the metal loop on the driver's side near the IMRC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.