New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured why mot see what is all available to you guys in different areas when it come to gas octane... In my area which is in the Pocono's of PA i have 94 as my highest which is available at only Sunoco. But everyone else has 91 as the highest!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Ahem, 93 is not the highest you can get in the Pocono's there buddy!!! Sunoco definitly offers 94. dont wanna prove you wrong or anything but.....;)

J/K but there is 94!!!:banana:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I think it's 110 here (otherwise 91). I've never needed it for anything, but I 'heard' that you're only allowed to put it in a can or trailered vehicle, since it isn't street legal. Not sure if that's true or not.

·
Registered
719 Posts
My cousin can fart a octane of 200 when he comes back from the buffet.:rofl:

J/K Highest I've around my town is 110.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you guys can get 110~ at the pumps... WOW!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
We can get 110 at the pumps here too...don't know how expensive it is though. Gas just went up to $1.039/litre today. First time its ever been over a dollar. I can't believe it!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
91 Normal stations :banghead:
110 Unleaded Race gas at the pump (certain stations only, mostly near Firebird)

How do all you guys back east get 94 octane, and I've never seen anything over 91 (for regular gas, I mean).

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everywhere near me it is 91 the highest but at 2 Sunoco's they carry 94, its normally 10-15 cents over premium which right now in the Pocono's its 2.27 for regular and about 2.47 for premium! I know its not the highest but i hate it!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
we dont have race fuel at the pumps but we can get 104-120 at a local speed shop!! thats about it.

i went there to get 110 for drag racing!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
What is the point of this thread? Putting anything higher than 87 octane in a stock or even a mildly modified 2.5L or 3.0L Cougar is just a waste of money.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The point was just to see what was available to "you" at your local pump.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyer
What is the point of this thread? Putting anything higher than 87 octane in a stock or even a mildly modified 2.5L or 3.0L Cougar is just a waste of money.

your joking right, lol? 87 is s#it, my cougar ran like crap on 87. 93/94 is great for the cougar and certainly not a waste of money.

M

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Originally posted by: MagicHallucinations
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyer
your joking right, lol? 87 is s#it, my cougar ran like crap on 87. 93/94 is great for the cougar and certainly not a waste of money.
M
Maybe you just bought s#it 87 Gas. Or you had a lot of carbon built up in your engine. Why would you need more than 87 octane unless you are running boost on your car. Unless your running a supercharger or a turbo, You don't need it, its a myth!

·
Registered
533 Posts
In town: 95 Octane
20 miles north: 107 (Marine and Street variations)
20 miles west: 110 Rockett Brand Racing fuel
30 miles southeast: 121 Rockett Brand

It's nice to live within an hour of three dragstrips, four marinas and Summit Racing.

So deal with it! :cover:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts