New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought hids for my fogs, and i noticed the bulb will stock out past the rubber closeing part. i really dont want water splashing up into there by cuting a hole for it to stick out.
does anyone have any pictures of how they have it done? or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
It seems a little counterintuitive to have HID fogs. Fogs aren't for very bright light since the conditions they're used in would result in lots of light being reflected back at the driver. Placing them lower down and not making them as bright stops them from just making a huge ball of light in front of you during a blizzard or fog.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It seems a little counterintuitive to have HID fogs. Fogs aren't for very bright light since the conditions they're used in would result in lots of light being reflected back at the driver. Placing them lower down and not making them as bright stops them from just making a huge ball of light in front of you during a blizzard or fog.
Good point but ive always found them to be more cosmetic then helpfull

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
81 Posts
i just cut a slit in the rubber piece and pushed the wires through( my wires had a rubber grommet around them) and it sealed up fine been driving with them like that for over a year and have yet to have a bulb burn out. hope this helps

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the bulb it pushing that rubber grommet out? that kinda what it looks like. you understand what i was saying? like the bulb it extreamly long right?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Wtf? Do you even think about what you type? Do you talk like that? If you have to ask if he understands you, didn't you just answer your question?

·
Registered
81 Posts
it did at first but then i moved the rubber grommet down the wires and closer to the bulb. and if your still worried just put a piece of tape to hold it in place.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
And this is why i loved mobile HID kits, the bulb i used was short but i had to bend the metal piece inside of the fog light for the bulb to fit as that was causing the bulb not too seat right(Check that). If you bought some cheap, crappy HID's off some cheapo chinese dealer you get what you pay for.The bulb might just not fit....

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wtf? Do you even think about what you type? Do you talk like that? If you have to ask if he understands you, didn't you just answer your question?
i cant ****in tell if his bulb is long and pushing the grommet out. so :gtfo: i dont need ur ****in asshole attitude here

thanks butcher for your help, il hope it works out

and newcat i did get some cheepo ones but im getting rid of them, i did not know they actually have different length bulbs, i kinda though generally they were the same. that kit do you have? do you know if the ddm kit is "short bulb"?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had a Mobile HID kit for almost 3 years before a racoon ruined the kit. For a few years in between I utilized basic yellow fog bulbs until I got new fog light housings, etc. By then Mobile HID no longer made a kit for that bulb and has since stopped producing kits for the automotive world and now simply focuses on tractors and farm equipment even though there kits were by far the best(going on 5 years with the HID headlight, same bulb same ballast etc) they couldn't keep up with the cheapo kits from over seas. I ended up buying a ddm kit in which case i had to bend the metal shrouds inside the fog lights in order to fit the bulb in. While it was a bit longer, the bulb itself was taller-hence why I had to bend the metal shroud but it did not protrude any farther out the back of the housing and i mounted it like a normal hid, cut a slit in the back of the plastic cover and haven't had a problem since. Driven to newport in a thunderstorm/monsoon, cold weather, warm weather no problems. I do have the bottom gaurd in place just fyi

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Heres a couple for you, i didn't have to cut the rubber gasket too much either to make it work, fits snug and no water/moisture in the bulbs

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
i just cut a slit in the rubber piece and pushed the wires through( my wires had a rubber grommet around them) and it sealed up fine been driving with them like that for over a year and have yet to have a bulb burn out. hope this helps
This is what I did for mine. They've been working fine ever since.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts