New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, been reading lately about the HID and I would like to go ahead and install them in my car.

My car is an 02 2.5L ATX, with the standard bulbs.

There is alot of information available on this forum, but what I would like to know is what a decent kit out there at the moment, that also lasts a few years.

I live in Chicago, and are HID's on a old car, legal?

Lastly, a HID kit that is plug and play, with minimal mods, would be my preference and a kit that doesn't cost too expensive too.

Thanks

Edit: Is this the right one:

Wholesale Digital Slim 9006(HB4) HID Conversion Kits/Headlights

If yes, do I have to buy the relay harness, that is optional on the website?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Just bought some over the Summer from xenonhids.com. I'm pretty happy with mine. I went with the 35W kit because I'm afraid the higher wattage systems will burn something, but there are people on this forum with 55W systems too that haven't had any issues. Pretty inexpensive these days. I bought my first set in 2008 for over $100 and recently, the last set only costed me like $40. lol.

They basically last forever. The bulbs are supposed to last far longer than a standard halogen bulb. Just make sure you mount the ballast in a good location [not inside the front bumper like I did because it will fall out and rip the bulbs out of the headlight. :facepalm:]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts