New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im debating on an HID kit for the coug but cant figure out what color temp i want. my car is a dark red so im kinda leaning toward the 12000k anyone have the 12000k kit or know how it actually looks (colordepth/brightness) if not i think i will go with the 10000k which will be much brighter but not really the color im looking for

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
i just dont want them looking too much like this (14000k) but more light purplish just to be different from every other car with hid's

YouTube - 98'Blazer With 14000K HID'S
So less illegal? :confused:

I know it's your choice...but your gonna hate them if you go with a color temp that high. You're really losing visibility with that temp. Unless you're just using them for show...I'm not sure.

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
I know this is not the color temp you're looking to get, but it may sway your decision. This is my 7000k. If I went with something lower they'd be a lot brighter and would look a lot better.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes he did. And honestly I wouldn't really go above 6000K for the simple fact that you lose any real value of HIDs. Normally people get HIDs so they can see better, not look like a Honda with $10 purple lights from Pep Boys. That's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know this is not the color temp you're looking to get, but it may sway your decision. This is my 7000k. If I went with something lower they'd be a lot brighter and would look a lot better.

First, which kit are you running to get 7000k? Second, are you running these as low beams or high beams, because the second photo looks like you have the high beams on.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i've got 6k in mine and i love them. they got a little blue tint to them, but not too much to be annoying and they're super bringht. i did have silverstar bulbs in before i put in the hids. it's amazing how much better the hids light things up. i'd definately recommend 6k or lower. anything higher in my opinion isn't worth it. as already stated, u're wasting the benefits of hids if u're trying to get color out of them. if u want a color just save the money on the hid kit and buy some of those e-bay colored bulbs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.