New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Me Too!(I feel your Pain, all of You)
Coming from the car wash, with a clean Ass Ride my junk, spins out, people lookin at me like I'm cool when really I'm having problems, these are the things that are happening, it would be a big help to me if you could tell me rather or not these are the things that happen when the fuel pump is going out.
- Bucking
- Low idling
- Check engine light

Also I'd like to know if warranties cover this. I feel like the rest of you guys glad that it has finally happened.
I'll just haveAAA tow my car to work and I'll just ride with them, my guy at the dealership gives me loaners.
Wish me Luck, Your help is appriciated!

C

·
0 Posts
Does it happen more/only when you have less than 1/4 tank of gas? If so, I'd say it's definitely the fuel pump. And yes, it should be covered by the warranty. What kind (if any) mods do you have done? My dealership tried to blame it on my intake because "it takes in more air, so the engine needs more fuel, and the fuel pump can't keep up with it". So I had to argue a little before I got mine replaced under warranty. But if you work at the dealership, they probably won't try to screw you over like mine did.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now, I have 110 miles left on my gas which would be about 1/4 gas. It started about a week ago when I just hopped in my car and went to work without letting it warm up. I thought it was because of that. I have a Hertz Extended Warranty. I don't work for a dealership but the Guy in Union City(Mercury Dealer) always gives me 110% Customer Service. So I'm hoping everything goes well.
And Lucky Me, I only have 5,000 miles left on my E Warranty!:cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad news, just looked at my Paperwok, Warranty went out at 64,000, It has 70,106 on it, SOB!!!!!!!
I'm Calm, should I order it off of the suggested website, and ask them to install or, have some one here in these neck of the woulds do it for a good price, I just need suggestions, Please I'm depressed and :disgust:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts