New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my cougars replacement on the road..

1997 Purple Dodge Neon Sport
91,000 Miles
3 Speed Automatic
2L DOHC Engine - 150hp/135tq
Crank Windows, Manual Door Locks
Cloth Seats, Blown Foglight, Noisey Engine, Burns Oil, Peeling Paint, etc...

As you can see Im living the good life, NOT! What a change from the Cougar! But for $500 bucks you cant beat it I guess.

Ill get some pics of the beast this weekend and show ya all what a real car looks like!! :) :crazy:

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Those RT/Sports were quick in a 5spd...

A friend of mine had one...it was a definite sleeper...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, with a 5speed swap, the it could run with you ATX v6'erz.. But there will be no modding of this car.. unless its 100% free.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are the pictures of the Neon.. Found that the trunk has a leak, need new taillight gaskets. Other than that it seems to be in good shape.. Automatics suck though.. especially 3 speeds.. Jens car feels like a rocket compared to this.. even though this has more HP/TQ.

Ah well. Ill put my flamer.. uh, i mean flame retardent jacket on now... dont go to crazy on me guys... 6 months from now, hopefully this will be a distant memory!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, the fish is gone. Check the difference between pic 2 and 5.

The purple is just about melina blue.. so maybe I can just pass it off as that?? haha

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I love math...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, the price is the only thing that makes driving this car worth while.

Ethan, your math rules! hehe.. I cant wait till it ='s true!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Can we please add a huge aluminum spoiler??? I have a home depot gift card and I would love to use it for the good of your daily drive :thumbsup:

We could even add a little tag line, "this bench dedicated to Jon and his cougar which are no longer with us"

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha, no benches for the rear of that car.. Gotta make sure i can get my money back when I gotta dump this thing.. but then again, that might fetch some more cash from an eager 16 y.o. ricer... hmm??!!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
You could definitely get more money, if you include a few parts that you just happened to not install...

I'll gladly hook that up for ya if it would help...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks good for $500! :thumbsup: Even has the 'Expresso' package. 3 sp a/t's will make it a dog however, but if a go to work car, and don't need to put much into it, you'll get your money's work back in 6 months. :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts