New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just joined this group. Can't find Introductions Forum so I thought I'd start here.

I recently bought a 99 cougar about a month ago; I think I got pretty lucky. Now I'm finding out all of these things about it and want to learn more. All I cared about when I got it was that it had a v6, manual transmission, hatchback and sunroof. Now I'm finding little things that are broken or missing and trying to put humpty dumpty back together again. And the one thing I feared the most I'm hooked on ebay now :D So if anyone would like to clue me in on the ram air thing and performance chip thing I'd appreciate it :D Otherwise I'll just browse around here when I get a chance I'm sure it's been covered someplace.

Regards to all,
Andy

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
Welcome Andy. Keep an eye on that sunroof. They're prone to breakage. Replaceing it with one from an 01/02 would take care of that when the time comes. Pretty much any question you can think of has been answered. Check out the 2.5 performance section on your questions regarding the intake. A chip really won't do you any good until you've done some more mods on the engine (Intake/Headers/exhaust) You can then get tuned to take full advantage of those parts. Enjoy.

:wiggle:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
you can get an intake, and replace the filter later on. I've had one in since February and it is still just fine, I've checked it over a couple times and there are no flaws as of now.

The ebay chips are pieces of crap, do not buy one.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,820 Posts
LOL, my car had so many things wrong with it when I bought it, and I had no idea.

No floormats, no spare, no jack, e-brake frozen, cig lighter broken... I just totally lost my mind. It's all fixed now, of course.

This forum will become your best friend.

Welcome.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi to everyone :D I just uploaded photos of my ride in the gallery misc I hope it's in the right place...

so I got now a cup spiller to replace the one lacking, (good to know btw knowledge is power good enough for an 8 oz can) an antenna the original is pretty much corroded and a spoiler to be installed a some future date...

All I wanted was a nice ride to get me back and forth to work with enough trunk space for my tools what have I gotten myself into???

Andy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry but being new here I'm just learning how to follow threads even my own :D

I'm pretty handy :D It's a nickname my family's given me. I work in construction and do plumbing/pipefitting but I can pretty much tackle anything especially if I do the research and sometimes asking for help :D

I've found if nothing else works use a hammer! At least you might feel better...

Andy

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
You sound like me... theres about 500 pounds of tools in the back of my cougar some times lol. Gawd i need to get a truck soon. But I'm keeping the cougar forever.... barring some sort of totaling of the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yes, Moraki,

One of the reasons I bought the car is the trunk space plenty of room for tools :D My previous car was a 1895 olds cutlass 2 door. It wasn't me but it was a freeby from my uncle so I couldn't say no. It got me back and forth to work and NY to visit family and the occasional road trip.

I thought I'd share an example of what I do at work for example...

Ok that didn't work :D I'll have to post it here and then copy its URL? I'll try that. Photo taken with a contax 137ma w/50mm 1.4 zeiss lens and flash @ f4

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
heh the one thing i dont trust myself doing fully .... plumbing. More of an carpentry and electrical kinda guy myself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did some frame carpentry for a while and took a class in electrical in high school but I seem to have a knack for plumbing/pipe fitting. I dazzle everyone with offsets I only have to cut once :D That's where instead of using 90 degree turns you use 45s. Bosses like it because it saves on material.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts