New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent been around here too much lately, but if you read this prez.. im kinda curious if you could lemme know what approx you got your talon for. im scoping one out, and would like to get an idea if im in the right price range for an offer on it or not.

thankyamuch
~ketchup

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Well after getting more into the DSM community I seem to think that I got ripped off. I bought a 90 TSI AWD for 2000. Has bad struts, bad 1st,2nd gear syncros (going out), needs a new rack for the powersteering ( only thing I was told about ), and lots o rust. I guess I only really got ripped off by about 500 bux.

I was so excited to get into a AWD DSM I wasn't thinking straight, now I know for next time I guess.

Anyway if you see any you like be sure to ask before you buy, I'd hate to see the same thing happen to you or worse. All in all I paid a total of 2800 ( new ACT 2600 Clutch = 800 ) for this car to run a 14.4 in the 1/4 and NOTHING has ever beat me off the line yet. I have only lost to other Modded DSM's that are a FWD Turbo from a roll. SO for 2800 I's say it wasn't that bad of a buy, but I could have done better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finally found one i think is just about as perfect as im gonna find considering condition/price..

so if all goes well, this time tomorrow night, i should have a 91 TSi AWD parked next to my cougar! :)

·
Timmah
3,050 Posts
This doesn't look good. I hope this isn't going in the direction I think it is. :(

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Originally posted by: NascarSigEp
This doesn't look good. I hope this isn't going in the direction I think it is. :(
I'm converting them.. .slowly but surely. :cover: you will all drive awd turbo's DSM'S!!!!

·
Timmah
3,050 Posts
Originally posted by: Prez
Originally posted by: NascarSigEp
I'm converting them.. .slowly but surely. :cover: you will all drive awd turbo's DSM'S!!!!
There's nothing wrong with DSM's espesially turbo DSM's. I just love da coug. :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
there are 2 for sale about 5 miles away from my house here.. one silver and one red and both under 2500.00 a pop.. I've been tempted to stop many a time when I went past the house..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
consider me converted! just bought one today..
im still keeping the cougar though, so hopefully the talon and the cougar dont fight over who gets the garage! lol

beautiful car.. black/silver 91 TSi AWD
87,000 on the body
and only around 50 miles total on the new motor. :D

pretty much everything has been fixed up on it, completey awesome shape in and out..
pictures to come soon!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Originally posted by: Ketchup
consider me converted! just bought one today..
im still keeping the cougar though, so hopefully the talon and the cougar dont fight over who gets the garage! lol

beautiful car.. black/silver 91 TSi AWD
87,000 on the body
and only around 50 miles total on the new motor. :D

pretty much everything has been fixed up on it, completey awesome shape in and out..
pictures to come soon!
WOW nice buy.. I am going to get a new 1G this spring. I have already started looking. I will more than likley have to go out of state to find one. You got lucky man I envy you!

I'll have a parts car in a few months so if ya ever need something off it, just holler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts