New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey are we still up for Saturday morning? And what time did u say again, I can't remember? Just want to make sure everything is still good to go. You did say we had a garage right? Cuz it is going to be COLD!!! I'm gonna buy some gloves at some point today so I don't have to stop and defrostbite them while we are switching out the exhausts. Looks like the windchill is gonna be like 15-20 on Saturday so should make for a fun time...lol

·
Super Moderator
22,394 Posts
yeah I have a garage, and we can fit both cars inside if we really neet to but it is very tight and takes some work but it is doable, ive done it before. I have extra gloves. I have a halogen that we can toss under the car for some warmth/blindness. timewise 930ish, ill be up at 8 and outside by 830 or so to start on mine. just to clarify that exhaust starts after the flexipipe correct

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it starts after the flex pipe. All right I'll be up there by around 9:30. And we should be able to pull my exhaust off in 5-10 minutes. I pulled the stock exhaust off the silver car and installed the duals on the silver car in about 35 minutes when I first got it. So we should easily be able to do the swap in an hour or so with us both working on it, and both cars in the garage sounds like a plan cuz it's going to be cold!!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
glad the gasket fixed most of it, maybe pick up another new one and put both on? That is my only other though. Well it was all right drive home much more quiet, I didn't realize how loud the exhaust really was. Gotta get used to not having the exhaust, I went to rev at a girl(quite cute) in a neon on the way home, and didn't get a response. So no more using the exhaust to get some attnetion. Oh well hope you enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator
22,394 Posts
Yeah it didnt really take me that long to get used to the louder sound because my dads truck has always been loud, tires and exhaust. With the radio on i couldnt even hear it, but I did hear the tires every now and then though. The GF doesnt like it because it is louder and she can feel it. I said yeah thats the point!, but with the exhaust and the injen, i got the same MPG i was getting when it was warm out, so I cant wait for it to warm up. When I leaving the Ford dealer a guy was going to walk out in front of me but i was coasting, I hit the gas a little and he stopped dead in his tacks. Rubbed on the tips and cleaned them with some chrome cleaner, looks real good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.