New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what to title this

Slade has a question.

He seems to be having a hesitation problem which he thought had to do with fuel or something. Now he's thinking his secondaries aren't opening (hesitation when getting on it). He wants to know if you have the car in neutral and pull the throttle cable, will the secondaries open or does the car have to be in motion for them to open? There's no other way to check if they're sticking so he thought he'd try that.

Please call him 440-225-8555 :coughAndycough: even though he's at work, leave him a voicemail. He'll be able to call back around 11pm so if you aren't sleeping. Or just post here i s'pose and I'll try top check back.

He thanks you for your help :) :)

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,008 Posts
I just talked to him for a while, so hopefully we got some crap sorted out. Sounds to me like a failing IMRC, which is easy to test for.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
To answer the question just in case anybody else wants to know. Yes, you can pull the throttle while in park/neutral and the secondaries will operate. I did it one time on accident. I was playing with the throttle after installing my intake to hear it and saw my secondaries open. It was a bit surprising at first cause i was like "WTF!"

·
Registered
200 Posts
??so you pull on throttle cable and the secondaries open?? and you can see them?? and they should open smoothly??

i think this has been my problem from the get go. will it throw a code if they do not open? how can you fix it?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,008 Posts
WELL - you have to pull the throttle pretty stoutly - it has to rev to almost 4000 RPM's before they will do ANYTHING. But yes, you can see the linkage on the LIM move when it does reach the proper RPM range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.