New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not find the Spring seats or rear strut mounts I need to install my coil overs. Does anyone know of a cougar in a juck yard that still has these parts? SA or Austin?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
have u gone to any junkyard? i know "Brothers Auto Parts" is like the only one with cougs, somewhere near 410 & old laredo highway: (210) 924-8591

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I strayed brothers first and the said the did not have any. :(

I called most in the phone book. And nothing. I was just hopping someone knew of one. I don't want to have to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put in the numbers on the fordpartsonline site and this is what I got are they right the reason I ask is it tells me it is for 99-02

Home Log In Your Account Catalogs Shopping Cart Order Status Contact Us About Us Policies

SHOPPING CART

Description Qty MSRP Price Your Price Core Price Total Cost
Collision Catalog -

Mercury
Rear suspension - Suspension components - Spring seat Spring seat Back 1999 - 2002 $20.80
Mechanical Catalog -

Mercury
Rear suspension - Suspension components - Upper strut mount UPPER STRUT MOUNT, Cougar 1999 - 2002 $14.12

If you change quantity, please click Recalculate.

RECALCULATE EMPTY CART SHOP MORE SAVE CART CHECKOUT

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
if i were you, i'd call them and ask 'em personally. they're pretty good at it and you can always tell 'em you're gonna think about it and call 'em back later... didn't mike and robbie tell you wat parts u needed? just call fordparts and ask 'em.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called them and gave them the numbers that were give to me. but the guy said it was 99-02. And had no clue in they where the same or not. Also if I order local they have to special order from ford anyway, and it will cost more then from the site. I may just have to order and keep my fingers crossed.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
try these guys. they are in Uvalde but they pull their own parts and they will ship to you. i have personally driven down there for parts and these guys are really cool.

Atkinson Auto Parts
1-800-221-0950

they are showing a 99 cougar with full strut assemblies so they should have the mounts. just call em up.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
i did however just notice in your sig that you have coilovers to install.

you dont need any parts if your installing coilovers, unless you just need parts because yours are worn out. the coilover springs fit just fine on 01-02 strut mounts. you only need the new mounts and seats if your using full size lowering springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.