New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this weekend I'm finally going to replace the O2 sensors, the DPFE and the IMRC. That just leaves getting the engine tuned. So here's my question to you tuning gods - will attaching my OBD-II tool to the car give me sufficient information for ADC to adjust the tune on my chip, or do I need to take the car to a dyno shop? If I have to take it to a dyno shop, will they be able to tune the car, or will I just have to take the dyno pulls and submit that information to ADC for final tuning? Any guidance anyone can offer will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
You have a few options:

1. Get an S-AFC, and tune with your present chip.

2. Dyno your car, get the graph and information. Be sure it includes A/F ratios and send that to ADC. They can retune your chip based off of that. Also you can install an S-AFC for further refined tuning.

3. Do it yourself with a programmable SCT chip (or have it done at your dyno shop).

4.Complete standalone EMS and have it done. Not really worth the money, but you'll probably net slightly better gains from it.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I should clarify, I currently have an SCT chip in the car. I'll be the first to admit I don't know crap about tuning, so I would prefer to leave it up to the professionals. I'm just trying to find out if I'll have to go to the dyno, get a couple runs, pull the chip and send it to ADC, or if the dyno will be able to program it on-site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.