Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got koni struts and h and r springs
I have a 2001 svt coug.
I heard u nead rear upper strut mounts.
I called dealerships all around chicago and surrounding subs
they say that the 99,00,and 01 use the same rear upper strut mounts
is this true?????????? can someone help me with this A.S.A.P. I'm running on track for first time this coming weekend

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
all SVT cougars came with 24k gold filled rear upper strut mounts. they are so rare that most dealerships dont even know they existed. try to locate another SVT cougar at the junkyard and buy them there.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Dont mind them they're just poking fun because you think you have a SVT cougar... which doesnt exist... you can just put SVT Contour parts on a normal cougar.

ANYWAY your dealer is wrong 99 + 00s have different rear upper strut mounts than the 01 + 02. just order the 99/00s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot guys I just got them installed Konis with h&r rule
I just got back from the track and wow what a freaking difference.
I like guys like you moraki that responded and not the @$$holes that pick on people for the fun of it.
and for your info the coug I have was imported by me from Greece and it's supercharged

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
Originally posted by: Turbosvtcat
I like guys like you moraki that responded and not the @$$holes that pick on people for the fun of it.
and for your info the coug I have was imported by me from Greece and it's supercharged
its supercharged....and an SVT?.......please post in general and 2.5 performance then cause i want to see the responses you get. i dont understand that....why come on here and just flat out lie. most of us have been following this car for 4 years or better, and know it inside and out, even the european models. there is no SVT cougar flat out and simple. and you didnt get one imported for you.

one of the largest cougar parts seller with all the money that he had to spend couldnt even get a european cougar imported...i guess you know someone in customs right?????

so take your trash talk elsewhere

i officially raise the flag on this thread

:bs:

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I tell you what man, I'm gonna be in Bartlett in a couple weeks getting my Cougar tuned. Since you're from Chicago, why don't you come swing by this shop and let me see this car in person. I'll even bring my camera

And by the way, you can take a whole friggin SVT Contour motor and blow that thing to high heaven with all kinds of NAAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZ!!!! and e-Ram's and turbonator's and electric supercharger fans and superchargers and turbos, and guess what? It will NEVER be an SVT Cougar.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: Funkboy316
its supercharged....and an SVT?.......please post in general and 2.5 performance then cause i want to see the responses you get. i dont understand that....why come on here and just flat out lie. most of us have been following this car for 4 years or better, and know it inside and out, even the european models. there is no SVT cougar flat out and simple. and you didnt get one imported for you.

one of the largest cougar parts seller with all the money that he had to spend couldnt even get a european cougar imported...i guess you know someone in customs right?????

You should call shenanigans instead, just because shenanigans is a much funnier word :rofl:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Originally posted by: BigBalledOX
Originally posted by: Funkboy316

You should call shenanigans instead, just because shenanigans is a much funnier word :rofl:

"I swear, the enxt person says shenanigans, im going to pistol whip em!
Hey farva, whats the name of that restaraunt you like so much?
Oh you mean shenanigans?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.