New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change my spark plugs so that they burn two degrees colder (NGK 6's I believe is what I am going to get). I want to run a 75 HP shot. Anyways, I don't have the tools, nor have I changed the spark plugs on the Cougar. Sooooo, if there is anybody that has the tools and can help me, I could flow you a few bucks or something. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have changed them twice in the Coug...it's pretty easy but the back 3 are kinda hard to get to. My dad has tools but I can't really bring them to Minneapolis and send em home...it'd be a bit of a hassle. I'll find out what you'll need and maybe you can invest in some tools :) I think you only will need a socket wrench, some socket (i forget which size), and a little rubber plugie thing that goes in the socket that grips onto the plug. I can help you once I get moved up there if you want. I should be up by the 20th. That ok?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on upgrading to the NGK's. They add ~25 horsepower - 15-17 HP to the wheels. They run about forty dollars for six spark plugs.

No, I am kidding. :cover: Depending on how many miles on your car, you probably don't need to switch 'em. But, if you've got around 50,000 miles I'd recommend to get new spark plugs. You won't see any performance gains but you will have better accelerating, gas mileage... cuz the plugs are firing better. They are around $40

The MAIN reason I am upgrading plugs is because I want to run a 75 HP shot of nitrous and to do that you need to have plugs that fire 2 degrees colder than stock AND have a shorter gap. Right now I am just running a 55 shot and I want 20 more ponies :banana:

Hopefully I will have the GMK CAI extension by then so I can put that on, get the new plugs in, swap the nitrous jets and then I will be running 75 extra HP + whatever the GMK CAI extension gives me (~5-8 whp???) Anyways, it'll be a good day!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Personally, I think everyone should learn how to do it themselves.....

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Zex Wet Kit ran me $600 with tax and a tank fill. I was a little in over my head with the install so I had a shop install it which ran me $350. If you are familiar with the cougar engine, I am sure you could install it yourself or you could have a friend help.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, ummmm, it's called a "student loan." I used some of my Federal Stafford Loan to pay for my nitrous setup:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh well, I got quite a few scholarships last year - that evens it out right?:shrug:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.