New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ON THE WEBSITE THEY SAID TO REMOVE COVERS???????? WHAT COVERS??, ARE THEY ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL TAIL LIGHT??? PLEASE HELP, IM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS, I HAVE TIME AND NOTHING TO DO ,, PLEASE HELP

J

·
0 Posts
Hey whatup? Painting the tail lights is easy. First, pop your trunk (duh!) Second Remove the tail lights housing, and then remove each bulb (remember where each one goes!) Third, I personally taped over the 2 Circles multiple times with masking tape. Fourth, Sand down the area to be painted with super fine grit sand paper. Finally apply paint desired and possibly a small coat of clearcoat. I did mine in black and they came out great, check out the pic :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
yah.... here is someones Coug that I found on the Cougar Fest wed site from last year.... I like how this dude left the cute sexy little triangle... :)

Y

·
0 Posts
How are the Taillights connected? I have never even looked. Are they screwed on? molded on? How would they be put back on of they are glued on...

·
Registered
430 Posts
they are screwed in, you have to move the carpet and its 3 or 4 screws i dont remember its not hard, the screws may be that ford hex key thing i dont remember, if you still need help i'll go out and look at them for you.

Y

·
0 Posts
Cool...
So painting the lights wouldn't be that big of a deal?? I thought you had to seal them up or something... or do you?

J

·
0 Posts
how do you apply the paint(i.e. spray, brush, etc.)? i just want em to look GOOD and i have never delt with painting car parts. would i be better off finding someone to do it? how much do ya think it would cost? thanx for the info

JOKER

C

·
0 Posts
There's plenty of descriptions for painting taillights on here and on newcougar.org.... just have a look around or use the search...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts