New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ON THE WEBSITE THEY SAID TO REMOVE COVERS???????? WHAT COVERS??, ARE THEY ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL TAIL LIGHT??? PLEASE HELP, IM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS, I HAVE TIME AND NOTHING TO DO ,, PLEASE HELP

G

·
Hey whatup? Painting the tail lights is easy. First, pop your trunk (duh!) Second Remove the tail lights housing, and then remove each bulb (remember where each one goes!) Third, I personally taped over the 2 Circles multiple times with masking tape. Fourth, Sand down the area to be painted with super fine grit sand paper. Finally apply paint desired and possibly a small coat of clearcoat. I did mine in black and they came out great, check out the pic :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
yah.... here is someones Coug that I found on the Cougar Fest wed site from last year.... I like how this dude left the cute sexy little triangle... :)

G

·
How are the Taillights connected? I have never even looked. Are they screwed on? molded on? How would they be put back on of they are glued on...

·
Registered
430 Posts
they are screwed in, you have to move the carpet and its 3 or 4 screws i dont remember its not hard, the screws may be that ford hex key thing i dont remember, if you still need help i'll go out and look at them for you.

G

·
Cool...
So painting the lights wouldn't be that big of a deal?? I thought you had to seal them up or something... or do you?

G

·
how do you apply the paint(i.e. spray, brush, etc.)? i just want em to look GOOD and i have never delt with painting car parts. would i be better off finding someone to do it? how much do ya think it would cost? thanx for the info

JOKER

G

·
There's plenty of descriptions for painting taillights on here and on newcougar.org.... just have a look around or use the search...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts