New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on replacing my hood w/ an aftermarket (probably DragonTail) fiberglass hood. I want to use hood pins. Can some of you chime in w/ good locations (websites, etc) to get them and what brands are preferred? (Pics would be GREAT too!)
EDIT...A price range for said items would be wonderful as well!
Thanks if you can help!
:)
~CIII

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
MOMO or Sparco... those are the only 2 brands worth mentioning... they will run ya about 29-40 smacks depending on where you pick em up.. I think I ended up getting em off Ebay

if you want a true bright silver then get Sparco... if you want red, blue, or yellow anodized go with MOMO... I bought the silver MOMO's and they are not a true silver more like a silver with a slight brass tint but I think they are thicker than the Sparco's if it really matters.. either will be the same installation procedure.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
speaking for hood pin experience....always make sure they are locked or the dragon tail will fly up on you... been there done that... Don't go APC thats for sure. I am changing mine next year as they are a pos...

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
charles this is where i got mine from, i believe its just about the cheapest place to get them....MOMO hood pins, blue, red, or silver
26.00 pair. + shipping which im not sure of cause i got my steering wheel and hub adapter at the same time.But they were reliable and shipped fast and i would do business with them again.

LTB Motorsports, MOMO Hood Pins

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help and links all!

Anyone got some good close-up pics of their pins installed?

Thank you again! :)
~CIII

·
Registered
222 Posts
So please forgive me for being such an idiot...

but what do Hood Pins do exactly? Are they a necessity when installing a carbon fiber hood?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
when the latch system no longer works - yes...

my stock latch was modified which you do have to do in order to get the OEM CF hood to fit but apparently it did not work... we threw away the latch and installed pins.. the hood does not move at all and I definately recommend it.. just remember to latch the pins and if you go anwhere take a quick survey to see if they are latched.. a hood flying up at 40mph or above is a VERY bad thing..

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was looking on Ebay and saw an auction for an OEM CF hood. They said nothing was required, etc. It was a simple bolt-on. If they are telling the truth, was this just an exception more or less for this style of hood?

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts