New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a gauge pod and am installing a air/fuel gauge and i cant seem to figure out how to get the wires from inside of the car to the inside of the hood where the wires go. can some one help? or if you've done it, where did you send your wires??? any help would is appreciated. thanks.

-ron

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Just run the wires down the pillar, down past where the door hinge is, and if you have an ATX (i see you have a '99), there's a hole under the dash on the driver's side that goes into the engine (look above the brake pedal). If you have MTX i believe you have to drill one.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There a couple ways of doing it.
1. Next to the driver seat toward the front of the car there is a plug, you can run your wires through there.
2. by the kick panel through the door jam, there is a plug as well but you will have to take the drivers wheel cover off, meaning the shroud if you want to call it.
3. Like the 99CouGSweetRide suggests, if you have a manual the plug is there but it is a nightmare to get to.
4. drill a hole through the fire wall

·
Registered
597 Posts
You should run it through the firewall with the main wiring harness. It's next to the brake vacuum booster.....right behind the strut tower. There's a fairly large rubber grommet around the harness, just take a small utility knife and make a little slit (be careful not to cut the main wiring harness though)......then run your wires through it. It'll be easier to do it from the engine compartment into the car.

What you should do is make a stiff wire (wire clothes hanger) and bend a small hook at the end.......then push it through from the engine compartment, hook your wires to the end....then pull it back out into the engine compartment. That should do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts