New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put the European headlights in my 99', and I have a question about it. Since there is 2 plugs and not three plugs to go into, one is just not attached inside my headlight. Now, I have a fast blinker, and I want to get it back to normal. What can I do to fix this?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
your best bet will be to get the wire harness thing. CustomCougars.com has them. I ordered mine when i ordered the lights and install was like 5 minutes for each

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else know anything about these lights? I am also having some trouble aiming the lights because there is not a bubble to match the lights up with on this headlight. I need some help because I am driving around with lights not aimed in the right direction. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
LOL.. actually ignore my prior post. I have no clue on the headlights. For some reason i thought you were talking about the euro tails. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
PM Synergii. she has them on her coug so she may know.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
typed "euro" in the SEARCH function for how-to and came to this thread where it explains everything including pictures i posted. Hope this helps!

click me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I saw that How-To, but it does not explain what to do with the extra plug from the headlights that does not go anywhere. Mine is just hanging there, and since it is not attached to anything, I guess my car thinks there is an electrical short, so my blinker is going crazy. I don't care about the non-blinking light in the headlight, I just want to fix my turn signal, so it is not so fast. Also, how did you aim your lights right? There is not a little bubble thing to line it up with.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
you have the wrong plug in your lights. I did what you did when i first got them. blinker blinked fast because it thinks there is a light out. the plug you currently have hanging should be the one you need to modify. the one you have currently plugged into your lights will no longer be used.

just to clarify - the light that you want to leave hanging is the one that used to go into the amber triangular reflector. this will no longer be used even though it fits right into the euro light socket. hope that helps and let me know if you have anymore questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, this all makes sense to me now. I am going to get the old ones cut down and use those, but as for aiming them? I tried it but when I turned the screws a lot they did not move anywhere. The lights seem to be off to the left and I am not getting the light in all directions in front of me while driving.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
aiming is a b**ch. took me a long time to get them to where they are now and it doesn't match up exactly to a stock light, but is close. i actually need to look at aiming them again. i will let you know how i make out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, sounds good. I got everything working now. I used the hot knife method, which took me a couple of hours, but it works. Thanks for your help Upper90.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts