New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the message boards, but i was told this is where to go for some answers. I am a former GMC Jimmy owner...but a neighbor offered my his 1999 Cougar for abot $7,000. Needless to say, i jumped on it...trouble is, it's a 4 banger. I've checked out some sites but they all list parts for a 6 cyl. Any sites, suggestions, help, or other divine intervention you might have to help me make this a cougar with some zest. I'm basically thinking this will be a project type car, seeing how much improvement can be donw to it. Let me know..any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
Believe it or not, there is actually more available for the I4 Zetec than the V6 Duratech. This is because of the Focus. Check out some Focus boards to get details.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I know we're a cougar board, and supposed to help you out, but the 3/4 of the performance minded individuals on here own duratecs, so we tend to concentrate on it. However, for a website to visit that contains tons of focus info, go to FocalJet.com. Stick around the board, and if you have any other questions, we'll be glad to offer any advice and info we can!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fuzz, you sure know how to make someone all teary-eyed and feel loved. Thanks for the site, i'll be checking it out soon. I'll be hanging around the boards for sure!

G

·
hi I have 4cyl cougar too^^
it isn't hard to find parts for our car. exhaust=juss buy a good universal muffler and do the customized cat-back..it's cheaper and works pretty good. intake you can get weapon-r , injen, even aem cold intake. they are saying it doesn't fit but I know it fits to our car^^

I have intake and exhaust.
and future mods are
1. underdrive pulley
2. header
3. ?chip? dunno which one yet

etc. springs...and some other stuffs
after all this our car will be alot faster than before.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, here's another lil question. I've been doing some reading on the boards and was curious about this yodude dual exhaust. I've seen it on ebay and it says it'll fit the 4 cyl models. How does a 4 banger with an ATX and a dual exhaust sound?? Inquiring minds wanna know

·
Registered
253 Posts
HI >Teflonworm... congrats to your Cougar.
I am a german Cougar owner ( I own also a four banger). I have several links from german tuning companies on my homepage
Right now I am waiting for a info from Stoffler Tuning about the header they are right now producing for our four banger (price approx. 550-600 USD ). I am thinking of buying it. If you are interested I can keep you updated on the header. Feel free to contact me and have fun with your Cougar.
Even our four banger is fun to drive

Many greetings from germany
Marc

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigKat I'm a big sublime fan myself ,but i'm quoting from Bob Marley, i think it's Trenchtown Rock. It's the summer down here at the beach, so Marley comes out first. Mekahle, i will defiintely keep in touch with you, we 4 bangers gotta stick together right
. Keep me posted on them headers, thats one thing on my list! I'll be sure to keep in touch with ya! Thanks everyone...you NECO folks sure are swell.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ok, to get back on subject...what is this about Hotshot? I heard they make decent stuff (intake) for the focus, and I heard a focus w/ the thermal exhaust...sounded sweet! Well...granted, the focus was supercharged, but still!

G

·
Maybe we should look into spliting the performance catagory into 2 seperate places. One for the Duratec guys and one for the Zetec guys.
I don't know how hard this would be to do so dont hammer me about this if it's a real bugger. I dont know much about computers. I think 2 boards would help both parties because the duratec guys wouldn't be wasting their time reading zetec posts and the zetec guys wouldn't be reading duratec posts. I'm not trying to create a divide between the I4 and V6 guys I just think it might be a good idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.