New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
ok i searched and i guess i suck ok....i just got my decal for the back window...i just need to know one thing....when i peel off the white backing and stick it on the window...should i wet my surface first? I got the decal and it is a lil' warped ya know...like the tube got bent a bit. so i am assuming i have to wet my surface with water and dishsoap(right) so i can lay it out properly. and then put it in proper place. But in this other website i saw they say nothing about wetting the surface...so i don't know...please i am being impatient i know but i would like to stick it on tonight...my mods(or toys) are going slow and the cooooog is still so plain.
thank you.........
Carolyne

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
What kind of decal is it?

Most decals I have ever seen you need to clean the surface with alcohol, let it dry...and then apply the decal...

Good luck,
Sunni :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,
its a cougar head decal 22x22.. .from vinzdecals...its big so i was thinking that once i clean the surface i must have to wet it so that i can place it properly? than squeegee and then blow dry....uugh i don't know.
Caro

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Don't wet the surface!!

Get a friend to help you keep it straight and flat... the white backing is the sticky side, so don't get it wet (fingerprints won't hurt it, though).

I've got the 10x10 on mine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok....
si i thought the white was the part i peel off....and now i have another question....ok when i peel the white off right i have a huge ass square sticker with the cougar logo in the middle of the sticker...so if i stick it on then i gotta peel off what?? cuz i dont see how the logo will stick...so i;m wondering do i have to trim it...i'm lost...i'm probably gonna have to go somewhere to do it...cuz when i go to vinzdecals site i see them doing it and i'm reading but **** i just dont get it....ugggggggghh. anyways if i have confused anyone.....truly sorry.
carolyne

·
5,279 Posts
The short answer, and I hope it helps...

The white backing covers the sticky side of the vinyl.

It's a toss up whether you should wet the surface (weak soapy water solution, just a couple of drops of soap in a big spray bottle is about the right concentration ? ) or not. Some people do, some don't.

You lay the vinyl down, the side you exposed when you removed the white backing goes down. Smooth it all down, work out any bubbles, press it firmly. You can not move it once it's down.

Then the translucent or clear layer will peel off the vinyl, leaving the vinyl stuck to the glass.

That's the "off the top of my head, I've only done this twice, a couple of months ago" explanation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok,
thanks...i think i am just gonna go to a shop here...they shouldnt charge me much....but i rather have them do it properly. But thank you very much for the info...if it was smaller i would do it myself.
thanks again...
Carolyne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts