New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm thinking about buying some gauges which I could place in an A pillar pod. But I have no idea of what gauges I can install (tried to look at the AutoMeter homepage but that wasn't very helpful) and if I can install them by myself. :confused: I was thinking about something like oil pressure gauge. I have read in one of the older thread that a/f gauges are not the best thing to go for ;)
I apreciate any comments on that!
Thanks

Tom

N

·
0 Posts
Some of the gauges you can install fairly easily are the A/f Gauge and the Volt. These can be installed with some simple wire taps and know how. The oil pressure gauge does require a little bit more work and a sender unit. I dont see why the A/f gauge isnt a good gauge to go with tho :shrug:

If you need some help installing the A/F i can help out when you get it.

K

·
0 Posts
When I installed my Dakota Digital gauge clusters to replace my factory gauges, I had the dealership install the oil pressure sender. I could have done it (if I had known where to look for it), I suppose. It seems to only be accessible from underneath, so get the car up on a lift to do it. If you can't get it up on a lift, I guess you could make due with ramps or jackstands.

After the new oil pressure sender was installed, I just attached the factory sender wire to the new sender and then fed the factory sender wire in the dash to the Dakota Digital brain.

After watching the dealership mechanic, I don't think installing an oil pressure gauge would be too hard to do yourself, so go for it if you have the tools and the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys. I guess I'll try to install it myself. And cross my fingers that I don't to mess up the whole car ;) A friend of mine runs a small garage so maybe I can use his lift to get underneath the car when installing the oil pressure sender.
I think I'll get some gauges from FazeGauge.com They also have email and phone support in case you got stuck (I don't know if others like Autometer have that too).
I probably make a complete fool out of myself by asking that but what is the volt guage for? What voltage does it measures? (from the alternator?)
And Sharkie17 I did a search before!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
If you need to install them PM me I will do a how to, it was posted somewhere on here but I dont know... But I have volts and AF... But I wont post it again due to the lengthy typing unless its for sure going to be used. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the explanation ZEXCougar. I don't know if I can order them at Autozone. I live in Germany and not every shop ships overseas.
Madcat, thanks for the offer. I'll PM you when I have them. But I guess it will take some time since I just bought new speakers and need to save up some cash again.
I probably also go for the AF and volts. I'm a little bit too scared that I might mess up something when I try to install the oil pressure one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts