New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Cougar and bought a 2001 2002 stock grill without thinking if it would fit. I just assumed and my thought came true and it doesnt fit. Is there any way i can fit the grill on my car?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah, sure can! Just center up your old grille to your new grille and mark a couple of lines with a pencil on the new grille. This is what you're going to cut off. Then take a hacksaw and saw off the two ends. The next step is to clean up the ends. From the pieces that you sawed off, you're going to try to draw/cut some end caps to put on the new grille to give it a clean look. If you have any ?'s , pm me.

·
Super Moderator
22,199 Posts
It will fit in there without hacking the ends off. You just need to dremel off some of the back side of the grill until it fits over the headlights, theres pic of this floating around. the only thing is that doing it this way makes the grill flush the headlights and looks kinda funny in my opinion

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the problem is that it is too long and the 99 - 00 Headlights have a piece that restrice proper fitment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts