New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after finally taking a look at my shifter problem, (just lost reverse completely) I was thinking for sure it was the shift tower, shift forks or something along that line.

So I pull the boot and what do I see? The entire box that the shifter pivots from is completely snapped off from the base. I really wish i had a picture right now but, my digital camera is out of batteries. This "box" is clipped and/or riveted in place to the unibody.

For a better description: the entire shifter is housed in this box. The cables come out the back down towards the bottom if my memory serves.

On the front in a red print are the numbers:

8A05-46-10XA

17 01 00 11H

Does anyone have any idea of the part number or where I can get it? I tried those numbers on FordPartsOnline with no luck.

Thanks!

[GnuLoCo]

G

·
I don`t wanna say this, but when i was changing mine to a short shifter i cracked the little black lock ring and the dealer told me i had to replace the whole assembly to get that part i ended up just going and getting a metal clamp and tighted the hell out of the screw and it works perfect, maybe you could use a clamp i think i know what your refering to!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem comes in where the whole entire thing is severed completely off, its not just cracked.

What would I clamp it to?
I am kind of out of ideas.

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts