New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my 'cougar' and 'V6' letters off the back of my car. I want to put the cougar back on the car, but I am unsure how I should put them back on??

Left, right, centered?? Help!!! I can't decide what I should do!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
you should paint the lettters purple. and then get a purple badge
dont know where to put them though
but maybe you should get cougar from an older cougar like a 89 when the script was in cursive

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
letters are already metallic purple, I found the paint, in a little bottle and in spray paint so I have paint now for the reflectors!!

But where would I get a purple badge Jay??

·
Registered
731 Posts
well somewhere i saw a thread bout custom badges i dunno if there done yet
or you coud try to take one apart
ill have to look but when i was lookin for focus stuff i ran into a uk site that had custom ford bages mainly blue red purple and a few other mixes they had some with focus where the forsd goes (not that that matters) but ill lokk for it today.

G

·
I have a Cougar head on the back of my ride. It looks sweet but the profile is a little higher than that of the Mercury badge.

Taking off the Mercury badge is easy. Just take a blow drier and heat the emblem up a little or park your car in the sun. Then take a piece of fishing line and run it through the adhesive under the Mercury badge. That takes a little while, but then you can just pull the badge right off. You should get some adhesive / tar remover to clean things up, then re-wax any surfaces that got adhesive remover on them. To put a new badge on, just use the 3M adhesive they sell at WalMart or any car parts store.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't want the V6 on there anymore though, just the cougar. I think I am going to go with Nick's idea and put them centered but not so far apart.

Anyone know what kind of glue/adhesive I should use to put them back on??

·
Registered
731 Posts
Don't use your old letters, buy new ones from the dealer, they're like $10. BTW, this is Amber, not Jay
If you need help taking the cougar head apart, I'd be more than happy too, it's a ***** to take apart tho.
--Amber

G

·
If you want to use the old letters again, put them back on with "3M Plastic Emblem & Trim Adhesive." You can buy it at WalMart and it's safe on your paint and sticks very well once dry. It does take a while to dry though, so don't try pulling on the letters or anything for 24 hours to be safe. You just have to put a thin coat on the back of the letter, then press it down and hold it for 1-3 minutes. 30 seconds should be fine for your letters though. Just don't put it on too think or you'll have a mess!

Edit: I would put the V6 back on the car somewhere so everyone doesn't think it's a I4. If that's your goal, you can't be a sleeper car with that hood

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My old letters should be fine Amber, I removed all the old adhesive off the back and have them painted already!! They are awesome, the purple metallic is really sparkly!!

I would love you to help me!!! You need to get your Great America pass from me still too! Did you find out about the mettalic purple stickers yet? (sorry to keep bugging you
)

Dantzig - Don't worry, no one will think it is an I4 unless it is a cougar owner (already got made fun of when I had no emblems, I don't care). Unfortunetly most people don't know enough about cougars to even know that. But since the letters will be purple, it will look custom anyway so I will get the sleeper look, except I am not fast!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.