New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone... please tell me how GM managed to do this... my g/f wants blue rims, in fact she won't settle for anything else... how do I get these done to other rims??

clicky

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
They are anodized. You can do nearly any color. The wheel needs to be dipped in an electrically charged acidic media, then it is dyed. It is actually very cheap and easy to do.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would the wheels need to be chrome to start off with to give it a shiny look or will any rims work??

Also... where would i look for a place to do this...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ok, I have a little inside info on this one. I'm a salesperson at a Suzuki dealership, and once in awhile we have a guy come in and put "gold packages" on the cars so that we can jack-up the price. Basically what he does is takes a probe coming from a battery-box looking thing and he hold the probe on the edge of a piece of chrome or metal trim. Then he takes a brush, dips it in some liquid, and paints the trim with it. The trim turns bright gold. You can do it with any color, as long as what you're coloring is metal and is conductive to the electricity. As for where to go to get it done, I don't know. This guy travels from dealership to dealership and works out of his truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts