New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got the system. Now I wanna hook it up. I need to know the best way to get the wire from batery to trunk. I really don't wanna cut into anything.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Are you an MTX or an ATX? You're going to have to run the cable through the firewall at some point, to maintain some level of safety, so you'll be cutting or trying to find a grommet large enough on an MTX to push it through. The ATX already has a pear shaped cut out that you can use behind the strut tower. Tons of information posted about this and proper installs in this section....

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
and once you get it through the firewall you can run it towards and under the kick panel, , then take off that long plastic piece that runs across the interior where the door is, I believe there are some screws holding down the carpeting, then run it right under the carpeting towards the backseat. Once there, you can either run it under the seat, or behind the panel where the rear speakers are, right into the trunk.

Mike

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
if you have a manual and dont want to drill a hole (although it is pretty easy) you can pop out your driver side kick panel and pull the carpet down..your ganna have to do all that anyway...then if you reach way up under the dash along the fire wall you will find the gromet that the hood release cable goes through..you can pop out that gromet and slide up to a 4 AWg wire through there...that is what i did havent had any problems yet...2 years and going strong..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts