New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have seen a lot of different suspension setups posted on here. I currently have some koni struts and matrix coilovers laying in my garage due to not being able to deside. I am not set on keeping these so please read the following and make sugguestions.

1. I want something around a 1" drop, look wise.

2. Wanted to know any height sugguestions from others on what they have done and like around that height.

3. Should i use coilovers or springs and which ones, also include the best compatible struts for what you tell me.

4. I need something that will hold up. I live in texas and the roads are somewhat bumpy around where i live. And i dont want to get something i'm going to have to replace every 2 years.

So as you can see I have quite the descision and would like some specific expert opinions. Also if i ever get a kit put on it will be a wings west style. So keep in mind i really dont think i want it much lower than an inch cause i would like to keep it so i dont have to redo alignments all the time.

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
when you lower your car your never gonna have a smooth ride again if you have low profile tires. the roads around here aren't to bad, but i also know which roads to not go down. and you also devolp a different driving style because if you know a bump is coming you swerve all over the road like a drunk to miss the bump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts