New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought all new system but I'm not sure how to go about wiring up 3 different amps. Ive installed a system before but just a basic 1 amp 1 sub. No I want to install a second battery to run 2 of the amps. Also I want to amplify my speakers and I'm not sure how to do that. I have a very basic knowledge on this stuff and could really use some help.
MY System

(2) alpine type R subs
(2) alpine m707 amps
(2) sets of alpine type S speakers
(1) m450 4 channel amp for speakers
(1) alpine
and alpine ida x001

I would like to also do the big 3 while im installing all of this

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
big three?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was wondering how i get power to all three amps with out running three different wires to the battery if you can, and all the wires that go to the head unit since i no i cant hook 3 sets of wires to my headunit. Also i read some where someone call it the big 3 to fix the dimming lights since everytime my subs hit all my lights dim pretty bad. And when i amp the speakers is it just like how i would amp the sub disconnect the speaker wire from the headunit and run it through the amp and wire the speakers to the amp?

·
Registered
759 Posts
well for the power wire you can go to your local circuit city and they sell splitters that u feed on one side and it usually splits into four, you do the same to the ground...the rca you have to run from the head unit then ur amps should have input and outputs where you can connect all the SUBWOOFER amps together...then if your headunit dosent have front and rear outputs your going to have to guy a 4 ch hi low converter, where it connects to your speaker wire in the existing speaker. the last question i dont understand what you are trying to ask....hope i helped

1 - 7 of 7 Posts