New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somebody please help me, like tell me what do i wire this guage to....i bought it off a freind and would really like to install it, some advise would be helpful, thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think it is pin number 48 got to your local mercury dealer and they will give you a print out and highlight it for you that is what I did.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
If you dont know what your doing dont mess around with the ECU.

Have someone who knows what they are doing install this tach. You will need to solder your tach wire into the Wire which is connected to PIN 48 on your ECU.

You already know what you need to do. So let a professional know and have it done.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How do I find pin #48. Do I pull the cover off of the harness where the bolt goes through?

I tried tapping the white wire with black stripe and I got nothing. Is there more then one in harness?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Got it!!

Good info on this site.

For those that are new to this car but working on them....

I pulled the cover off of the harness. There are small numbers imprinted at the end of each run of wires. I counted from the end of row #25 until I found #48. I used a two wire splice for my signal to aftermarket tach. Put the wiring harness cover back on, rebound the wires in the loom and put everything back together. Fired it up and it works as promised.

·
Registered
142 Posts
what color is the wire plz help....
Got it!!

Good info on this site.

For those that are new to this car but working on them....

I pulled the cover off of the harness. There are small numbers imprinted at the end of each run of wires. I counted from the end of row #25 until I found #48. I used a two wire splice for my signal to aftermarket tach. Put the wiring harness cover back on, rebound the wires in the loom and put everything back together. Fired it up and it works as promised.

·
Registered
205 Posts
How accurate is an aftermarket RPM Gauge after all.. Is there a sensor as well to accompany the needle? IDK, the thought of a more accurate RPM gauge crossed the 'ol mind as well, naturally thought of where the information comes from and how it gets displayed

·
Registered
343 Posts
lol my local ford dealer dont give that type of info. Every thing you ask about they tell ya to bring your car in and let theme do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.